Blogs > Burney's Bytes

Burney's Bytes will focus primarily on the local preps sports scene, but will also touch on some college and pro athletics, mostly in regards to athletes who hail and have played high school sports in Oakland County. My goal for the blog is to be conversational and anecdotal, a more relaxed and free formal take on high school athletics than you see in regular game day coverage.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Everybody's Talking

It was a great 24 hours to be a Birmingham Brother Rice Warrior on Friday, as the school's football program raised a ninth state championship trophy with a thrilling 35-28 victory over Muskegon in the D2 state finals.
Let's take a look at some of the Warriors players' thoughts throughout the day via their tweets:
"Knowing you're getting your pads together for the last time this year is a crazy feeling – Alberto Sandoval (DL)
"I've watched countless hours of film, mentally prepared, visualized everything I will see on the field and now I'm ready for the game of my life" – Jonny Reschke (LB)
"I want this game so bad!!!" – Alex Malzone (QB)
"It still hasn't hit me…I love my teammates so much" – Anthony Dalimonte (CB)
"I love my team, I love my school!!!" – Jonny Reschke
 "We did it!!!" – Kyle Marsh (OL)
"I was raised to win….it's in my blood" – Lucas Cherocci (LB)
 "Words can't describe how blessed I am" – Chris Carter (S)
"The hotter the fire, the harder the steel" – Dominic Perkovic (DL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home