Blogs > Burney's Bytes

Burney's Bytes will focus primarily on the local preps sports scene, but will also touch on some college and pro athletics, mostly in regards to athletes who hail and have played high school sports in Oakland County. My goal for the blog is to be conversational and anecdotal, a more relaxed and free formal take on high school athletics than you see in regular game day coverage.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Fantasy

If there existed fantasy football for the OC prep football ranks, this is how Burney's team would stack up
 
QB Mitch Robinson (AH Avondale) – I don't usually like taking quarterbacks very high in my drafts, but the OC GUNSLINGER is so good, I snared him with my first overall pick
RB Devin Church (Birmingham Brother Rice) – A top-flight running back is the cornerstone of any good fantasy squad and DC is my anchor rushing the pigskin
RB Mike Johnson (AH Avondale) – My ULTIMATE SLEEPER in 2011……. I got good value snaring Johnson late, knowing he was in for a big year
WR Robert Aiello (Lake Orion) – You can't go wrong taking Sean Charette's No. 1 target for the defending state champion Dragons, always one of the most prolific offenses in the area
WR Jack Wangler (RO Shrine) – This kid might go to a small school, but there is absolutely nothing small about Wangler's game….simply put; A GRADE-A PLAYMAKER
FLX Leviticus Payne (Southfield) – Whether running the ball or catching it, Payne does damage game-in, game-out  
TE Mike Jocz (Novi) – I knew this sleeper prospect was in for a productive year, so I grabbed him after some of other more celebrated TEs in the area (the FUNCHISE & Co.) had gone and got super value
K Brandon Buckner (FH Harrison) – Lots of points for team=lots of point for kicker
D/ST Clarkston – There the C-Town Wolfpack, would else do you need to know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home