Blogs > Burney's Bytes

Burney's Bytes will focus primarily on the local preps sports scene, but will also touch on some college and pro athletics, mostly in regards to athletes who hail and have played high school sports in Oakland County. My goal for the blog is to be conversational and anecdotal, a more relaxed and free formal take on high school athletics than you see in regular game day coverage.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Fresh Perspective

Pinch me, Burney must be dreaming. Clarkston's Foster Loyer is almost too good to be true.
The fab frosh does it all on the basketball floor. I have no question in my mind that he will leave C-Town in a few years as one of the school's all-time greats. And possibly with the prpgram's first state title in tow.
I'm talking Mr. Basketball caliber here. I'm talking McDonald's All-American, Duke/Kentucky caliber. That's where this PHENOM is headed. It's a no-brainer. This is the smartest, most fundamentally-sound and poised ninth-grade hoopster I've witnessed in the area in well over a decade. He posted 15 points and seven dimes to help lead Clarkston to a 66-57 defeat of RH Adams Thursday to put a cherry on top of their perfect 20-0 regular season
I'll go out on a limb and declare Loyer the MVP of the always rough and rugged OAA Red and maybe the entire OC this year (…..and he's got three more to go!!!)
In other words, be afraid, be VERY afraid. The Foster the Phenom era is ready to be an epic adventure. Let's all strap in and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home