Blogs > Burney's Bytes

Burney's Bytes will focus primarily on the local preps sports scene, but will also touch on some college and pro athletics, mostly in regards to athletes who hail and have played high school sports in Oakland County. My goal for the blog is to be conversational and anecdotal, a more relaxed and free formal take on high school athletics than you see in regular game day coverage.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

On The Clock

MCCALLUM MILKS CLOCK, ANNOUNCES COLLEGE DESTINATION AT LAST MOMENT
COUNTDOWN TO DECISION 2010 - McCallum & McCallum (4 more years, 4 more years!!!!)
3:00 – I am already lathered up with excitement and reaching a fevered pitch of anticipation as I start to prepare for the Ray McCallum college commitment announcement on national TV: T-MINUS 60 MINUTES
·        Since I will skip attending the announcement itself in person, I set up shop in front of my big screen television at home with all the appropriate accompaniments – i.e. chips, soda, pen, pad of paper, laptop, Country Day Yellowjacket hoodie, baseball cap, and matching DCD wrist bands, replica 2010 state championship ring, UofD-Mercy pennant and accompanying oversized foam Titans NUMBER ONE hand.  
3:20 – To get myself even more pumped up, I throw in classic bball movies, "Blue Chips" and "He Got Game" to put myself in the proper mind set. Quick side tangent: who do u think would win a one-on-one game between Ray Allen………er…….. Jesus Shuttlesworth of "Game" fame or Shaquille O'Neal……..er……… Neon Bodeaux from the mad underrated "Chippers"?
3:40 – In an effort to further put myself in the correct mode for this epic occasion, I run out to my driveway and shoot some hoops, re-enacting "Big Play Ray's" 25-point first half-performance in last month's Class B state final. Not to sound arrogant, but I think I did a pretty good job considering I don't have a speck of the talent of this future college star.
3:55 – Taking my seat in front of my big screen once again, I cool down by watching STEPHON CURRY highlights on youtube (Curry is the player I best compare to McCallum in terms of immediate impact he can make at a school like UofD)  
4:10 – Upset that the announcement is 10 minutes late………getting ANXIOUS (I don't really understand why though since I told everybody THIS LAST MONTH that Ray was going to end up with his dad at UofD-Mercy.
4:18 – Ray announces he will be a UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT TITAN and I am…………..NOT SURPRISED SINCE I TOLD EVERYBODY THIS LAST MONTH!!!!!
Oh, yeah…….SCOOPED THE WHOLE CITY……..HOLLA ATCHA BOY!
RAY MCCALLUM, JR = RASHAD PHIILIPS, JOHN LONG, AND TERRY DUEROD ALL WRAPPED UP INTO ONE BALLPLAYER.
I personally can't wait until next year when Calihan Hall is a rocking with Ray Ray fever!!!!
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home