Blogs > Burney's Bytes

Burney's Bytes will focus primarily on the local preps sports scene, but will also touch on some college and pro athletics, mostly in regards to athletes who hail and have played high school sports in Oakland County. My goal for the blog is to be conversational and anecdotal, a more relaxed and free formal take on high school athletics than you see in regular game day coverage.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fantasy of All Fantasies

I love myself some fantasy football and one of Burney’s all-time biggest dreams in life is that someone will one day create a prep fantasy football league for Southeast Michigan. Can you imagine how TOTALLY AWESOME that would be? Well, as long as we dreaming, I thought I’d give all my peeps out there in Cyberland a peak at what I could foresee my starting line-up being if such a thing really did exists.

QB Luke Johnson (Milford) – VERY, VERY underrated signal caller, I would snare in the late rounds

RB Dakota Ogles (Hazel Park) – The HP offense reminds me a bit of the old school Denver Broncos ‘O of a decade ago, no matter what running back you have carrying the ball, they are going to put up BIG TIME yardage. Applying that logic, I would have drafted Ogles in the mid-rounds and came away with the steal of the draft. KUDOS to Burney for his slick GM’ing and for, as always, being way ahead of the curve!

RB Terrell Porter (Berkley) – This straight-up THOROUGHBRED would have been my No. 1 pick

WR Allen Robinson (OL St. Mary’s) – The definition of a playmaker and Burney’s third rounder!

WR Chris Canada (Clarkston) – The C-town offense may be in rebuilding mode, yet Canada is the Wolves No.1, No.2 and N0. 3 option in the playbook, so he’s going to get a lot of touches and chances to put up big numbers

TE Jake Duzey (Troy Athens) – I like picking my tight ends early, so I would have jumped on this Rambling Red Hawk right off the bat

Flex Mitch Kozlowski (MH Lamphere) – The picture of versatility, THE KOZ Man would have been my second pick after Porter

D/ST Novi Detroit CC – I also like picking Defense/Special Teams early on and since CC is the gold standard, selecting the Shamrocks was a no brainer

K Justin D’Agostino (Novi Detroit CC) – D’agostino is a veteran special teams guy and ace placekicker that could wind up being one of the keys to success for the Burney’s Bytes fantasy prep football team

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home